Poached Pork Fillet
Poached Pork Fillet, Pea and Apple Puree, Potato and Sage Terrine, Cote Hill Blue Cheese
To make the pork fillet:
• Trim pork fillets of fat and discard.
• Cut each fillet into two barrels, squaring up the ends.
• Blend the trimmings in a food processor with the sage, cream and egg.
• Spread the mousse onto four slices of Parma ham and roll around the pork fillets.
• Wrap in clingfilm.
• Poach for 10 minutes and place in iced water.
• To serve, roast in the oven for eight minutes with a little butter.
To make the potato terrine:
• Slice potatoes very finely on a mandolin.
• Melt butter.
• Layer potatoes, sage and butter alternatively in a small oven dish lined with greaseproof paper.
• Season every couple of layers and top with tin foil.
• Bake at 180º for about 1 hour until potatoes are soft.
• Weigh down to press.
• Cool in the fridge.
• To serve, slightly pan fry in a little butter.
• Cook peas in boiling, salted water until soft.
• Drop in apple peels for 30 seconds.
• Blitz in a food processor with a little of the cooking water until smooth.
• Peel and slice apples (save peels for pea puree).
• Cook apples down with butter and sugar until nice and golden.
• Puree then leave to cool.
- Business +
- Cuisine +
- Culture +
- Heritage +
- Leisure +
- Lifestyle +
- 2019 +
- 2018 +
- 2017 +
- 2016 +
- 2015 +
- 2014 +
- 2013 +
- 2012 +
- 2011 +
- 2010 +