Utterly divine soft white bread rolls
The non-traditional ‘low-knead’ method behind these rolls may seem a little odd but believe me it works exceptionally well. And if like me you’re new to the breadmaking world, they are a great way to ease yourself in. I promise you you’ll never look at another bread recipe again!
• Put the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl, pour on the warm water and stir everything together into a sticky shaggy mess. Cover with a tea towel and leave for 10 minutes.
• Lightly oil your work surface, tip the dough out and knead the dough very gently for 8 turns (stretch, heel of hand, turn, stretch, heel of hand, turn etc).
• Return the dough to the bowl and cover – repeat the simple knead and leave process twice more.
• Return the dough to the bowl and leave for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
• Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces and with slightly oiled hands roll them out into a ball.
• Place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and let them rest and rise again for 45 minutes.
• Brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with golden linseeds.
• Bake in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes.
• Serve warm with the soup and don’t forget to eat and of course, enjoy!
- Business +
- Cuisine +
- Culture +
- Heritage +
- Leisure +
- Lifestyle +
- 2020 +
- 2019 +
- 2018 +
- 2017 +
- 2016 +
- 2015 +
- 2014 +
- 2013 +
- 2012 +
- 2011 +
- 2010 +