Win a pair of season tickets and car pass to this year’s Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials
The world’s leading equestrians will soon descend on the historic parkland of Burghley House, Stamford once again, for the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (30th August to 2nd September), testing their skills and bravery in pursuit of the £90k first prize.
The 2017 event was dominated by British riders for the first time in a number of years. The hugely popular winner was Oliver Townend, recognised as one of the sport’s most hardworking riders, on his relatively inexperienced horse Ballaghmor Class. Oliver was closely followed by Brits Piggy French and Gemma Tattersall.
This year Burghley is the precursor to the World Equestrian Games, which takes place in North Carolina, USA from 11th September and a number of team riders are expected to use Burghley as a final run before crossing the Atlantic to represent their country.
The 2018 result looks impossible to call, with a number of strong contenders, including experienced past winners such as William Fox-Pitt and Mark Todd vying to top the podium, alongside emerging talents such as Tom McEwen and Louth-based Rosalind Canter.
The horse trials, which attracted over 166,000 visitors last year, starts with two days of dressage in the main arena (Thursday and Friday). Saturday offers the adrenalin high of cross country, when competitors test their nerve around Burghley’s famously challenging course, designed by Captain Mark Phillips. The competition comes to a climax with showjumping on Sunday, to determine who will carry home the Land Rover Perpetual Challenge Trophy.
New innovations for 2018 include a dedicated, onsite radio station. Burghley Radio will broadcast competition commentary throughout the event, enabling visitors to the annual horse trials to keep up to date with the latest action, wherever they are on the showground. They’ll also be able to listen to interviews, opinion and lifestyle features. The station will broadcast within a 10 to 15-mile radius and for those who are unable to get to the event themselves, it will also stream live audio content via www.burghley-horse.co.uk.
An improved and updated box office also means that buying tickets in advance will be quicker and easier.
The official charity for 2018 is the Gurkha Welfare Trust. The charity works to ensure that army veterans, their widows and their wider communities are able to live their lives with dignity when they return to their home country of Nepal after having served in the British army.
Advance admission ticket prices start at £16 and children aged 12 years or under are admitted free of charge. For further information and to book, visit: www.burghley-horse.co.uk the telephone booking line is open 9am-7pm (weekdays) and 9am-5pm (weekends) on 0844 581 4980.
WIN A PAIR OF SEASON TICKETS AND CAR PASS TO THIS YEAR’S LAND ROVER BURGHLEY HORSE TRIALS
This year we’re able to offer Lincolnshire Life readers the chance to win a pair of season tickets and car pass to this year’s event worth £150. Winners will be able to enjoy all four days of the competition, shop till they drop amongst the numerous trade stands and indulge in the culinary delights of the food village.
To be in with a chance simply answer the following question…
Terms & Conditions
• Closing date: Friday 10 August, 12noon.
• Only one entry per person.
• Tickets are valid for all four days of the event.
• Prize is as described and cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
• Additional expenses are not included.
• The competition is not open to employees of County Life Ltd.
• The winner will be drawn after the closing date by an independent judge from all entries received. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 6 weeks of the closing date.
• If County Life Ltd cannot contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at County Life Ltd’s sole discretion) County Life Ltd reserves the right to re-draw a winner and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
• Details on claiming the prize will be discussed when contacting the winner as above.
• By entering the competition you agree to having your name, details and photo published online or in the future.
• The promoter is County Life Ltd, 9 Checkpoint Court, Lincoln LN6 3PW. The winner’s name will be available six weeks after the closing date by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business +
- Cuisine +
- Culture +
- Heritage +
- Leisure +
- Lifestyle +
- 2018 +
- 2017 +
- 2016 +
- 2015 +
- 2014 +
- 2013 +
- 2012 +
- 2011 +
- 2010 +