Win a family ticket for Heckington Show
Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July.
Free Parking. Gates open at 9am. Plus on Saturday at 7pm Grand Firework Display & Open Air Concert.
The delightfully abrupt arrival of summer early has been a joy for most. We’ve got outside, lost a few pounds, found our summer wardrobes and allowed thoughts to turn early to Wimbledon, strawberries and cream, barbecues, days at the beach – and for many, to thoughts of Heckington Show.
The competitive Saturday programme of sport is a case in point. Scores of primary school children sprint and cycle their way to glory knowing they are the warm-up act for the national runners and riders who follow. For a spectacle the 10-mile Road Race will really take some beating this year with a full 300 runner entry signed before the end of May.
The adult cyclists will compete for prizes over a range of distances from 800m to 8km with a new addition this year in the form of an ongoing points accumulation to identify the overall Victor Ludorum.
The main ring with its grandstand and banked sides is the ideal amphitheatre for everyone to take the chance to enjoy Heckington’s headline performances. This year the show welcomes back the popular Knights of Nottingham to break up the sports programme on show Saturday. On Sunday, it’s your chance to come face-to-face with the Imps motorcycle display team as well as high-quality showjumping, a (very) grand parade of livestock and the energetic vintage tractor drive.
If you’re visiting on Saturday, remember to stay on for the Grand Firework Concert which reaches a Last Night of the Proms finale.
It may seem hard to believe but for many it’s not the ring, but the vast grounds that draw them to visit. They are embroidered with trade stands, displays, activities, action, food to eat or take home and enthusiasts sharing passions – many with strong Lincolnshire roots.
Bring friends and family of all ages along for this special event on 28th and 29th July. You can buy tickets on arrival or in advance and there’s still time to take part – look on the website www.heckingtonshow.org.uk where you will find all the information and latest news for this year’s show.
Lincolnshire Life will be returning to the Heckington Show this year, with a stand in the Heritage Marquee. Pop along and say ‘hello’.
Chattertons, solicitors and wealth managers, will be exhibiting and invite show visitors to stop by their stand for complimentary light refreshments. Chattertons have offices located across the county and are at the show to support not only Heckington Show but also to demonstrate their commitment to the vibrant communities in the local area.
Heckington Show is a true family day out, a quintessentially English summer occasion for families and friends to enjoy and take part in an event that brings competition and co-operation, pride and pleasure, sunshine and smiles to a summer’s day.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer the following question…
Terms & Conditions
• Closing date: Friday 20th July.
• Family ticket is for 2 adults and 2 children.
• Only one entry per person.
• Tickets are valid for one day only.
• Prize is as described and cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
• Additional expenses are not included.
• The competition is not open to employees of County Life Ltd.
• The winner will be drawn after the closing date by an independent judge from all entries received. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 6 weeks of the closing date.
• If County Life Ltd cannot contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at County Life Ltd’s sole discretion) County Life Ltd reserves the right to re-draw a winner and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
• Details on claiming the prize will be discussed when contacting the winner as above.
• By entering the competition you agree to having your name, details and photo published online or in the future.
• The promoter is County Life Ltd, 9 Checkpoint Court, Lincoln LN6 3PW. The winner’s name will be available six weeks after the closing date by sending an email to: email@example.com
- Business +
- Cuisine +
- Culture +
- Heritage +
- Leisure +
- Lifestyle +
- 2018 +
- 2017 +
- 2016 +
- 2015 +
- 2014 +
- 2013 +
- 2012 +
- 2011 +
- 2010 +