The Infiniti Q70 2.2D is a BMW 5 Series rival built by premium firm Infiniti, which combines luxury and performance in its cars.
The new 2.2-litre diesel provides a real step into the company car market for Infiniti, so for SME directors looking for something different from the usual German premium cars the Infiniti Q70 2.2d Sport Tech provides an interesting, techno laded alternative.
In Sport mode, the Infiniti Q70 2.2d Sport Tech offers a 0–62mph sprint in 8.9 seconds and a company car tax band of 23% thanks to CO2 emissions of 129g/km – so the cost of leasing this car is fully deductible against taxable corporate profits.
The Infiniti Q70 is exceptional, with such a vast array of gadgets as standard equipment that would put many thousands of pounds on the list price of its German rivals.
And before we older-generation motorists get carried away by the ‘driving experience’, latest statistics from the US show that the new generation of technology-savvy ‘young ‘uns’ are changing their cars more frequently just to keep pace with the latest gizmos.
The Infiniti is staying ahead of the sales development envelope. Here’s why you should be buying the new Infiniti Q70 2.2d Sport Tech.
• Dynamic Safety Shield Package – topping the list is the now almost essential safety feature for the high-mileage executive, Infiniti’s adaptive cruise control, which ‘sees’ through poor visibility conditions to slow the car to the speed of the car in front. This takes much of the stress out of driving in poor weather conditions and should become a must-have for long distance mileage crunchers. Blind spot warnings with lights on the rear view mirrors are backed up with audible beeps if the car gets too close to another in either outside or inside lanes. Other features include distance control assist, lane departure warning and lane departure prevention systems.
• Infotainment package – leading this package is the superb Bose Premium Surround Sound system, although you will have to turn the surround setting up full to get the proper effect from the seat mounted speakers on the front two seats. The Bluetooth hands-free connectivity and audio streaming is reasonably easy to set up although, bizarrely old-school, the system does not allow remote audio selection which has to be done on the phone plugged into a USB port.
• Instruments – the multi-function steering wheel comes with one very useful feature: it’s heated! While this may seem a little OTT, it is recommended for a freezing morning start to keep those hands from going numb. Switchgear is improved over first generation Infinitis that used too many switches from the Nissan parts bin.
• Interior – leather faced seats for the front two are nice and heated through three settings. A ski hatch, too, is a useful addition with a host of uses for the businessman touting pop-up presentations around. However, less impressive is the boot space of just 450 litres – for such a large car this is on the tight side.
• Visibility Pack – the sheer size of this car makes this gizmo very useful because it allows a birds-eye view of the car’s extremities when parking in restricted areas. Corner parking sensors, moving object detection and parking guidance complete the assistance plus points.
A new, more chiselled look to front and rear bumper sections enhances the seductive shape while bringing the Q70 closer to the new family look introduced with the Q50. The headlights retain the distinctive Infiniti design but, for all models in the range they are full LED, like the rear lights.
With all this on show, BMW… best watch out!
The Infiniti Q70 2.2d is now available from £27,995 from Infiniti Centre Hull, Priory Way, Hull, HU4 7DY. Book a test drive by contacting them on 01482 351129 or visiting www.hullinfiniti.co.uk
Infiniti Motor Company Ltd is headquartered in Hong Kong with sales operations in over fifty countries. The Infiniti brand was launched in 1989. Its range of premium automobiles is currently built in manufacturing facilities in Japan, the United States and China. Production in the UK started this year, bringing with it significant expansion of the brand’s portfolio. Infiniti plans to also expand manufacturing into Mexico by 2017.
As the Title Partner and Vehicle Performance Partner of Infiniti Red Bull Racing, Infiniti has a far-reaching technical collaboration with the four-time FIA Formula One World Championship winning team.