Lincolnshire Show 2022
ALL THE FUN OF THE SHOW!
What a scorching couple of days for this year’s Lincolnshire Show. We were relatively cool in the shade of the Lincolnshire Life marquee with our partners Downtown. Thank you to all of you who visited the stand and especially those of you who entered our fabulous competitions. The winner of the luxurious Ibiza Corner Set worth £2,999, donated courtesy of Downtown, was Jessica Tilley of Sleaford. Congratulations Jessica! We are sure you are making great use of your prize already this summer. Our other winners are listed here.
• Kathy Marr of Metheringham won Afternoon Tea for Two courtesy of Washingborough Hall
• Margaret Thompson of North Hykeham won a Prosecco Afternoon Tea at The Dower House Hotel
• Sarah Frick of Horncastle won a £50 voucher courtesy of Brigg Garden Centre
• Elena Jackson of Nettleham won an Ultimate Grange Experience courtesy of The Grange Spa
• Jacqueline Roberts of Surfleet won a Family Annual Pass courtesy of Doddington Hall
• Ian Robinson of Caistor won a Hamper courtesy of Stokes
SCHOOLS’ CHALLENGE 22
On the days of the Lincolnshire Show, the schools gathered within the EXO building – a purpose-built educational facility, as they eagerly prepared their stands for judging. The children were able to present their hard work to a pair of judges from both the industry and education.
he EXO Centre was also filled with a range of educational activities for both the public and Schools’ Challengers to enjoy. Exhibitors including Branston Ltd, PECT, Cathedral Mushrooms, Dyson Farming, Waterside Shopping Centre and St Marks, providing hands-on learning and schools could also book onto farm tours across the day and enjoy the sights around the whole show.
A schools’ draw to help the RAF Falcons pack away their parachutes after a daring descent into the Main Ring also provided two schools with a unique memory to talk about and remember!
The excitement built as the winning schools were announced. The President Elect of the Agricultural Society, Toby Dennis, presented each category winner with a trophy, to a rousing reception.
• Special Schools – 1st Huntcliff School
• Early Years – 1st Town and Country Nursery, Market Rasen
• Small Primary – 1st Scampton Church of England Primary School
• Medium Primary – 1st St Michael’s Church of England Primary School, Thorpe on the Hill
• Large Primary – 1st Butterwick Pinchbeck’s Endowed Church of England Primary School
• Secondary One – 1st The Priory Academy LSST (My Community…)
• Secondary Two – 1st University Academy Holbeach – Lincolnshire Roots
• A Habitat Haven – 1st Sir Francis Hill Community Primary School
• The ‘People’s Choice’ – St Martin’s Preparatory School (Pre-Prep)
Photographs: Mick Fox