It’s all black and white
Monochrome has long been a staple of fashion.
It was first introduced in the early twentieth century as something new and exciting, and has been popular ever since.
As we all know black is a slimming colour, but the idea was to add colour to what was a plain piece of fabric. It is used on the catwalk this season in many forms, whether as bold stripes or a more mismatched pattern.
• This horizontal striped dress from Marc Aurel offers a staple monochrome effect with its large stripes.
• For a more subtle effect Joseph Ribkoff has produced a split sleeve top.
• Frank Lyman has had monochrome pieces in his collection for many years and this season is no exception.
• If you are looking for something different the dress featured here by Gina Bacconi could be right for you.
• Statement pieces don’t have to be worn all the time, and this coat from Libra could be just what you’re looking for.
• Mix it up with a pair of monochrome shoes from Gerry Weber.