WI Make, Bake and Show 2018
‘Once Upon A Time’ was the theme for the Lincolnshire South Federation of Women’s Institutes Make, Bake and Show held at The Venue, Navenby on the last Saturday in October. Mr Toby Dennis, Lord-Lieutenant for Lincolnshire, was welcomed by South Federation chairman, Debbie Venn, toured exhibits and presented prizes in the following categories:
• The Ella Chapman Award for the best photograph – won by Wendy Tomkins from Metheringham WI.
• The Lucy Haines Cup for the best embroidery exhibit – won by Mabel Brooks from Frampton WI.
• The Read Trophy for best cookery item – won by June Davis of Sutterton WI.
• The Sheila Sutton Award for best craft exhibit – won by Nene Rayfield from Spalding Fulney WI.
• The Kate Edmonds Trophy for best art exhibit – won by Michelle Burton from Spalding Fulney WI.
• The Gill Cowlam Rose Bowl for best flower display – awarded to Liz Ray from Navenby WI.
• The Cynthia Pearson Trophy for the WI with the highest total points overall – won by Navenby WI.
• The Novice Cup – presented to Hayley Niner from Witham St Hughs WI.
• The Grace Hunter Rowe Cup for best co-operative entry – jointly won by Navenby WI and Sibsey WI.
If you wish to order a copy of a photograph which has appeared in our social life pages please call our administration department on 01522 527127.