Tantalise your tastebuds the Weber Way at exciting event in Brigg
Weber, the leading barbecue brand, is offering local foodies and barbecue enthusiasts the chance to taste, touch and smell delicious dishes created by Weber Grill Instructors as part of its Discover Weber event at Brigg Garden Centre.
A treat for all the senses, this exciting showcase on 8th, 9th and 10th July will include hands-on barbecue demos from the experts, as well as hints and tips on how to cook the ‘Weber Way’ on a selection of award-winning barbecues.
For those who want to try new recipes at home, here are two delicious recipes inspired by Discover Weber events:
CLASSIC ITALIAN STYLE PIZZA
• 350ml cold water
• 100ml beer
• 50ml oil
• 15g fresh yeast (approx. 5g dry yeast)
• 2 tsp coarse salt
• 150g durum spelt flour
• 500g Italian flour
• 250g tomato sauce
• 350-400g mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
• Toppings of your choice e.g. olives, pepperoni, mushrooms, artichokes
• GBS Pizza Stone
• GBS Cooking Grate
• Combine the water, beer, oil and yeast. Add the durum flour and salt and knead well. Add the Italian flour a little at a time until the dough has the right consistency.
• Divide the dough into lumps of 150g for mini pizzas or 250g for larger pizzas.
• Form each lump of dough into a nice ball, cover with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least three hours before using.
• Roll the dough out and cover with tomato sauce, cheese, toppings, and more cheese – in that order.
METHOD (AT THE BARBECUE):
• Prepare the grill for direct heat. Place the GBS Pizza Stone on the GBS Cooking Grate and let it heat up for 15 minutes.
• Place the tray with the pizza onto the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until done.
• Note: The more toppings you add, the longer the pizza will take to cook. Watch out that your crust doesn’t get burned on the bottom.
SUCCULENT STEAKS WITH BOURSIN BUTTER
• 50g butter, softened
• 30g Boursin flavoured with garlic herbs
• 1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 prime fillet beef steaks, each weighing about 200g
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 250g bundle asparagus, trimmed, blanched and drained
• 16 cherry tomatoes on the vine
• Beat together the butter, Boursin, parsley and seasoning, and roll into a log using cling film.
• Chill until hard enough to cut into four slices.
METHOD (AT THE BARBECUE):
• Season the fillet steaks, brush lightly with olive oil and barbecue over direct high heat for three to five minutes each side, turning once.
• Remove the steaks from the barbecue, add a slice of Boursin butter, cover with foil, and then leave to rest for five minutes. This allows the juices to settle (for a fuller flavour) and the butter to melt over the meat.
• Toss the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and place on the barbecue for a couple of minutes on each side. Season to taste and serve with the steaks.
Brigg Garden Centre, on Bigby High Road, is a Weber World store, showcasing the full range of barbecues and accessories, plus exclusive products such as the 2022 Genesis Gas Barbecues and an all-new accessory line called Weber Crafted, which takes cooking outdoors to new levels of food discovery and exploration.
Offering an unrivalled shopping experience, with dedicated one-to-one support by a team of Weber experts, visitors can get advice on choosing the right barbecue based on the preferred cooking method, and tips on how to perfect certain barbecue dishes and recipes.
For more information, or to register your interest in the Discover Weber events at Brigg Garden Centre, visit discover-weber.com