Al Fresco Grazing Platter
As I write this, the rain is hammering against the kitchen skylight as the Lincolnshire sunshine fails miserably in its duty to bring a little light and lustre to the world. Like many of us, I am dreaming of sunnier climes. Wishing and hoping that May brings us something a little more summery so that we can enjoy the glorious great outdoors. To be honest I’d gladly sit in the garage with the doors open, just to add that touch of Mediterranean al fresco dining to the proceedings! I’m sure this wonderful grazing platter with three tasty dips will transport me there.
METHOD (Pea and Pesto Hummus)
• Place the rocket and chickpeas into a food processor and process for 1 minute until turned to a rough pulp. Add all the remaining ingredients and process until you have a creamier consistency. It will be slightly grainy but that’s okay. If it’s dry or you want to thin it out and make it creamier, add more tahini or more liquid from the tin, until you like the consistency.
• Pour it into a bowl and drench with olive oil.
METHOD (Bean and Courgette Minty Dip)
• Gently heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the courgettes and garlic with seasoning until the courgettes are tender. Let the courgettes cool by half and then tip them into your food processor with the beans, lemon juice, yoghurt and mint. Whizz until smooth.
METHOD (Beetroot and Chilli Dip)
• Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz. Check the seasoning and add a little salt and pepper and maybe a dash more chilli oil to taste.
• Serve with a generous selection of fresh fruit and vegetables, olives, salad and crackers for that truly al fresco vibe.
Eat and of course, enjoy!