Beetroot Cured Salmon
To make the salmon:
• Blend grated raw beetroot, salt, sugar, lemon juice and fennel together.
• Sit the salmon on half of the mix in a container and spread the rest on top.
• Leave in the fridge for 36 hours to cure.
• To serve, rinse, pat dry and slice thinly.
To make the mascarpone, horseradish and chives:
• Combine all the ingredients together with a spatula.
• Season with a little salt and pepper.
To make the fermented fennel:
• Slice fennel very finely on a mandolin and press down in the kilner jar.
• Cut the lemon into quarters and place in kilner jar, squeezing as you do.
• Sprinkle over the salt and fennel seeds.
• Cover with water and leave in a cool, dry place for 1-2 months.