For Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini & Capers
Veganuary is an annual challenge run by a UK non-profit organisation that promotes and educates about veganism by encouraging people to follow a vegan lifestyle for the month of January.
Since the event began in 2014, participation has increased each year with 400,000 people signed up to the 2020 campaign.
A survey conducted by Veganuary revealed that more than a third (36 percent) of non-vegans who signed up planned to stay vegan after the challenge ended, while 20 percent of those said the chief reason for remaining vegan was because they found it easier than expected.
During the 2022 campaign, more than 620,000 people took up the pledge to try a vegan diet, while more than 1,540 new vegan products and menu options were launched. For more information visit www.veganuary.com
• Preheat the oven to 200°C.
• Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower and set to one side. Place the whole cauliflower into a large pot and cover with water until fully submerged. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes.
• Carefully transfer the cauliflower to a roasting tray. Drizzle liberally with olive oil and rub in the spice mix. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until soft and golden. In the last 5 minutes of roasting add the leaves to the tray, with a drizzle of olive oil.
• Mix the tahini with a couple of tablespoons of water until you have a drizzle consistency.
• When the cauliflower has cooked, top with tahini, pomegranate seeds, Opies Capers and chopped parsley.